Aspiring Vacation Rentals’ Anti-Spam Policy
CAN-SPAM laws are in place to protect the consumer from Spam. Spam is any email you send to someone who hasn’t given you their direct permission to contact them on the topic of the email.
Describe what emails I can and can’t use with Aspiring?
OK to Use:
To send email to anyone using Aspiring’s email marketing services, you must have clearly obtained their permission. This could be done through:
- An inquiry email generated and transmitted to you by a vacation rental listing site.
- An email newsletter subscribe form on your web site.
- Customers who have interacted with you within the last 2 years.
Basically, you can only ever email anyone who has clearly given you permission to email them specifically about the subject you’re contacting them about.
NOT OK to Use:
Any email obtain outside of the three scenarios above is considered SPAM by Aspiring. Specifically, you cannot send an email that was obtained through the following methods:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact in relation to the topic of the email you’re sending.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party, no matter what they claim about quality or permission. You need to obtain permission yourself.
- You haven’t contacted via email in the last 2 years.
- You scraped or copy and pasted from the web. Even though people put their email on the web, doesn’t mean that you have permission to use it
- The distinction is for commercial messages; you need to adhere to the three key sources of emails to qualify for service with Aspiring.
What content MUST I include in my email?
Every email sent through Aspiring must have provide the following:
- A single-click unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your list. Once they unsubscribe, you can never email them again.
- The name and physical address of the sender.
If you don’t follow the permission rules, we will know
Aspiring and our email marketing partner have several layers of approval and monitoring to ensure you comply with our anti-spam policy. Here’s a few of them:
- Until your account has been approved by a member of our team, every email you send will need to be approved.
- Our email marketing software provider is directly integrated into the spam reporting systems for all of the largest ISPs. If you don’t have permission and someone marks your campaign as spam, we’ll know about it the moment that button is pressed. If you receive a complaint rate greater than 0.25% of all recipients (that’s 25 complaints for every 10,000 recipients) your account will be terminated.
- Our team verifies all large lists imported into our software. Until we’ve given it the all clear, you can’t send to it.
- We monitor blacklists and our abuse accounts all day every day. We can pinpoint who is causing us delivery problems or attracting complaints very easily.
If we do discover that you’re emailing people without their permission, we will terminate your account with Aspiring Vacation Rentals immediately.
Spamming people unwanted messages is not smart business. Those guests don’t want to hear from you and you end up spending vital marketing dollars on dead leads. Please adhere to the rules and run permission-based campaigns. Aspiring wants to work with you and grow your business.